This is a beautifully simple, classic Sicilian pasta dish – it’s incredibly satisfying and full of flavour. The pasta that we used is Rigatoni from Lenato company, a family-run business in Sicily and Hybla ready made norma sugo.
Enjoy the real flavours of Sicily!
Course: First course
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Portions: 2 people
220g Organic rigatoni "Lenato" (Click here)
250g Organic ready made norma sugo "Hybla" (Click here)
5g Fresh basil
30g Pecorino / Parmesan cheese grated
1. Slice aubergine lengthways, not very thick.
2. Drizzle a splash of olive oil into a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the aubergines in a single layer. Fry for 5 to 8 minutes, or until softened and golden then place it in a tissue and let the oil be absorbed.
3. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook rigatoni according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water.
4. Five minutes before the pasta is ready, reheat our norma sugo and add 1-2 tablespoons of pasta water and keep the heat low.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce then the fresh basil. Stir very well and add pecorino cheese.
6. Serve immediately with 1 or 2 slice of aubergine on top.