Ricotta cheesecake with orange zest
This is an easy and quick to prepare ricotta cheesecake with orange zest, compact and soft at the same time, without butter, yeast and flour, with a consistency comparable to that of a pudding. Good on any occasion, to be served after meals but also excellent for breakfast, with a pleasant taste and unmistakable orange aroma. We have chosen to use organic oranges. If you have some ricotta left over and you want to amaze your friends, even if you are a beginner in baking, you can follow our recipe. A substitute of ricotta can be mascarpone, plain yogurt or other creamy cheese with neutral flavours.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
450g Well-drained sheep ricotta cheese
110g Corn starch
150g Brown sugar
1 Organic orange, organic juice and zest
Pinch of salt
4 Tablespoons of milk
1) Turn on the oven at 180°C in static mode. While waiting for it to reach temperature, prepare the baking pan: cover the base with parchment paper, grease and flour the sides and leave it aside.
2) Beat the eggs with an electric hand mixer or balloon whisk. Once frothy, pour in the sugar and continue to whisk.
3) Add the ricotta, corn starch, zest and filtered orange juice.
4) Add the milk and a pinch of salt. Whip for a few more minutes until you get a smooth cream without lumps.
5) Pour the mixture into the baking pan and bake at 180°C on the central surface for about 45 minutes then remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
6) Sprinkle the surface with icing sugar, decorate with slices of orange and serve.