Gluten-Free Vegan Pancake
It’s kind of hard to believe that you can actually make a light and fluffy pancake without using any eggs, milk or butter BUT you can, and you will definitely be excited about how delicious they are.
The secret to a light and fluffy vegan pancake is baking powder.
You’ll be using an entire tablespoon for this recipe, which may seem like a lot, but it’s the key to making these pancakes super fluffy.
Just be sure to let the batter sit for a few minutes before cooking to ensure the baking powder has a chance to activate.
Oh! And of course feel free to add your favourite stir-ins to these pancakes. Bananas, chocolate chips, + chopped up strawberries are some of the favourites in our house.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
100g Organic Gluten-Free flour
240ml Organic Gluten-Free almond milk
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon organic orange blossom honey
Pinch of salt
1) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, mix together.
2) Add in the almond milk, honey and stir until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes so the baking powder has time to activate. Once the batter becomes light and fluffy, it's ready.
3) Heat a large non-stick skillet over a medium-low heat and coat the pan with some coconut oil.
4) Scoop up 1/4 cup of batter and drop them into the pan forming small-medium sized pancakes. Allow to cook until you see small bubbles forming on the top of the pancake. Gently flip and cook for another two minutes or until the pancakes are golden brown and cooked through.
5) Remove from pan and repeat until you have finished all the batter. Serve with your favourite pancake toppings and enjoy!