Chocolate cookies made with chickpea flour for a grain free cookie with an excellent texture and piles of chocolate. High protein chickpea flour and healthy ingredients make these a great snack for anytime of day.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
110g Chickpea flour
25g Cocoa powder
1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla powder (or 1 teaspoon extract)
1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
80gr Coconut oil, melted
80ml Maple syrup or honey
1 Large egg
100gr Dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
- In another dish, whisk the coconut oil and maple syrup, then add the egg and whisk again until fully combined.
- Stir the coconut oil mixture into the flour mixture, mixing until no streaks of flour remains. Stir in the chocolate to evenly incorporate.
- Scoop the dough, around 2 tablespoons per cookie, onto the baking sheet. Flatten each cookie slightly with your palm (wet your hands to prevent sticking).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tops are cracked and the edges are just firmed. Don't over-bake.
- Cool the cookies for ten minutes on the pan before removing and cooling completely on a rack. They'll keep in an airtight container for at least three days. Enjoy!